Ticket for this event are sold out. Thanks for your interest.
The legendary jazz trio, the Don Cherry Trio, recorded "The ORTF Recordings PARIS 1971" at the ORTF studios in 1971, which is considered one of the most important albums in the history of Turkish jazz. The launch concert of this album will take place at Kundura Sahne. The album, which was reissued in limited quantities last month under the Caz Plak label and quickly sold out, will be performed this time by Okay Temiz, Harald Svensson, Ozan Musluoğlu, Tomi Temiz, and Can Ömer Uygan together.
Okay Temiz - Drums
Harald Svensson - Piano
Ozan Musluoğlu - Bass
Tomi Temiz - Keyboard
Can Ömer Uygan - Trumpet
"The ORTF Recordings PARIS 1971"
Don Cherry / Okay Temiz / Johnny Dyani LP, October 2023
"The ORTF Recordings PARIS 1971" is one of the most successful recordings of the Don Cherry Trio. Don Cherry, the American jazz musician who shaped jazz history with albums like "Organic Music Society" and "Eternal," brought together percussion master Okay Temiz and South African bassist Johnny Dyani in a group that performed on various stages and festivals in different countries for 10 years. Recorded in 1971 at the legendary ORTF (Office de Radiodiffusion Télévision Française) studios in Paris with their unparalleled analog recording techniques, this album also features Don Cherry's unique interpretation of Turkish rhythms.
The vinyl, remastered by Mert Üçer from the original materials found in the archives of France's BYG Records, is a continuation of Okay Temiz's album "Okay Temiz's Oriental Wind at Montreux Jazz Festival 1982," released in 2022. The album, reissued under the Caz Plak label in October 2023, surfaced 52 years later and was dedicated to Tokyo, Paris, and Istanbul, distributed to 67 countries with three special editions, and quickly sold out. The album cover, with creative direction by Haluk Damar, features an unpublished photograph taken by Ara Güler in 1969 from the Ara Güler Museum, licensed by Caz Plak. The Turkey edition, including Turkish and English liner notes, is limited to a thousand copies, while the Japan edition, featuring Japanese and English liner notes, is limited to five hundred hand-numbered copies. The European edition's cover showcases a 70mm analog photograph of Château de Versailles taken by Erinç Güzel, and it is also limited to a thousand hand-numbered copies with French and English liner notes. For more details, you can visit cazplak.com.
- Adult - 460 TL
- You can purchase your ticket on the website of Beykoz Kundura. We do not sell tickets at the door.
- For information: +90 216 323 31 30 / email@example.com
- %20 discount applied for the purchase of two tickets
- We would like to remind you that you can access your tickets through “My Tickets” on our website when you have logged on as a member.
- You can follow our social media accounts for updates and campaigns.
- The program might change due to unforeseen reasons. The purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or returned unless the show has been cancelled or postponed.
- Those who purchase discounted tickets are expected to show ID at the entrance.
- Our audience can enter Beykoz Kundura 2 hours before the session of the ticket they bought.
- The exhibition titled "Kundura's Memory: The World Within a Factory" can be visited free of charge on the days of the event by reservation. To make a reservation, please visit beykozkundura.com/kundura-memory
- Shooting with a professional camera is not allowed without written permission. We kindly ask you to deliver your recording devices to the security point at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura.
- It is prohibited to bring food and beverages inside the venue.
- The screening will take place on an indoor stage, our certified ventilation systems operate with 100% fresh air and do not include particles.
- Disabled audiences will be able to enter Kundura Sinema from the main entrance.
- Seats are not numbered.
- All films will be screened in their original language with Turkish subtitles.
- In the event that there is a technical issue with the electronic subtitling system, our technicians will first work to resolve the issue, and if that is not possible, the screening will continue without subtitles.
- We kindly ask our audience to pay attention to come to the sessions on time.
- Pursuant to Article 7 of Law No. 7163, “Motion pictures without any content rating and classification may only be shown during festivals, special film screenings and similar cultural and art activities by displaying the rating symbol of 18+ years old.”
- Using cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, etc. during the screening to record is strictly forbidden. Recording with any recording device is prohibited.
- Audio and video recordings will be made by Beykoz Kundura throughout the event, and the recorded images will be published on Beykoz Kundura's website and social media accounts for promotional purposes only. Beykoz Kundura will use the event records for promotional purposes only and will be able to transfer these records to the artist.
- Audiences who arrive late are admitted in the interval; it will not be possible to enter the hall for the concerts without interval.
- Our events have the age limit of 18. Those whor are under the age of 18 can participate in events and concerts with a parent
- You can come to the venue with your own vehicle. Parking is free
- For detailed information on transportation please click
- You may use our return shuttle, provided especially for Kundura Sinema guests, from Beykoz Kundura to Taksim and Kadıköy&Üsküdar, departing at the end of the screening.
HOW TO GET HERE?
Kadıköy&Üsküdar Line: Beykoz Kundura - Libadiye Alvarlızade Durağı - Altunizade - Fıstıkağacı - Üsküdar Meydan - Doğancılar - Kadıköy Rıhtım
Taksim Line: Beykoz Kundura - Levent - Zincirlikuyu Metrobüs - Beşiktaş – Taksim (AKM)