Due to the regulations that will be in effect on September 6, 2021, There is a mandatory to show proof a current negative PCR test result and proof of full vaccination or recovery for attending the event.
Kundura Sahne, the interdisciplinary performance space of Beykoz Kundura, hosting the unique dance project “REVERT” on October 1; the premiere had been postponed due to the pandemic.
The site-specific performance is created for Kundura Sahne by the dancer, choreographer and academic Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna; the artist focuses on the primitive nature of the human body, their intelligence, and atemporality with this interdisciplinary dance performance.
Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna approached the body as a tool of conveying time, carrying and communicating; through the body, she focuses on the journey, the searching and the narrow bridge between the real and the surreal. “REVERT: Time Overrun” emerges from a dream that the artist had, means “getting rid of additions and returning to the initial structure, the primitive, the root”, where the word “revert” was the departure point and the performance is created during the pandemic through an integrated approach.
The performance conveys a knowledge, experience, and motivation of the whole within the layers of consciousness to the moment of now through the body, which stands between the past and the future, creating a new language of movement and an attitude on the journey towards the unknown.
Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna is accompanied by Metin Kalaç on sound design and Utku Kara undertakes the light design in the production along with the performing of contemporary dancers Aybike İpekçi, Diren Ezgi Yıldızkan, Ekin Ançel, Ezgi Yaren Karademir, Furkan Yılmaz, Gizem Seçkin, Hilal Sibel Pekel, Umut Özdaloğlu, Yoseob Kim.
Concept, choreography, videography: Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna | Production: Kundura Sahne
Sound Design: Metin Kalaç, Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna
Light Design: Utku Kara, Tuğçe Ulugün Tuna
Dancers: Aybike İpekçi, Diren Ezgi Yıldızkan, Ekin Ançel, Ezgi Yaren Karademir, Furkan Yılmaz, Gizem Seçkin, Hilal Sibel Pekel, Umut Özdaloğlu, Yoseob Kim
About TUĞÇE ULUGÜN TUNA
Tuna, a choreographer, contemporary dance and performance artist with numerous prizes, works as an educator in the fields of contemporary movement techniques and contemporary dance education as well as body-based therapy. She relates the communication with existence through the body, movement, and effort. She began dancing at the ADOB Children’s Ballet in 1983 and she graduated ranking first in her class from the MSGSÜ Stage Arts Department in 1996. Since 1993, she has participated in international festivals, organizations and academies with interdisciplinary dance and performance art works that she has choreographed; she also teachers contemporary dance and movement techniques and movement therapy. The artist shifted to the science of the body and psychosomatic works in 1993 and she has been researching the therapeutic impact of dance and movement, kinaesthetic intelligence and awareness on national and international platforms, working and applying her knowledge across different age and social groups. Professor Tuğçe Tuna continues her somatic work in “Dance and Interior Consciousness Retreat”, “Action Strategy”, “Dance and Movement Therapy” and is the head of the MSGSÜ Contemporary Dance Department. The artist was born in Belgium and continues to live and work in Istanbul.
About KUNDURA SAHNE
One of the most important sites of industrial heritage in Turkey with a history extending back to the beginning of the 19th century, Beykoz Kundura has been transformed into a popular center of arts and culture since 2018. As part of Beykoz Kundura, Kundura Sahne focuses on contemporary performing arts to create an innovative and interdisciplinary space.
For more details please visit beykozkundura.com/about-usstage
Please don't forget to check "Event Notes" before purchasing your ticket.
- Regular - 80 TL
- Student - 60 TL
You can purchase your ticket on the website of Beykoz Kundura. We do not sell tickets at the door.
For information: +90 216 323 31 30 / email@example.com
We would like to remind you that you can access your tickets through “My Tickets” on our website when you have logged on as a member.
You can follow our social media accounts for updates and campaigns.
Ticket Refunds: The program might change due to unforeseen reasons. The purchased tickets cannot be exchanged or returned unless the show has been cancelled or postponed.
Seating arrangement: Our seats are not numbered. The diagonal seating arrangement is with 1 meter gaps.
For your health:
- Due to the regulations that will be in effect on September 6, 2021, if an individual has not been ill or has not been vaccinated or does not have a negative PCR test, they will not be allowed in at the event.
- Ticket control operation is carried out without contact with your QR code digital tickets sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Contactless temperature measurement is applied at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura. Those with a fever of 37.2 and above will not be allowed to enter.
- In addition, HES code inquiries will be made through the “Hayat Eve Sığar” application, and guests with risky health conditions will not be admitted.
- Guests without masks are not to be admitted. We ask you to wear your mask properly while you are in the area. A mask will be provided for our guests who do not have a mask.
- From the moment you enter the area, we kindly ask you to comply with the rules applied within the scope of COVID-19, especially "social distance, mask use and hand hygiene", and please pay attention to the warnings of our staff members during your time in the area.
- The performance will take place on an indoor stage, our certified ventilation systems operate with 100% fresh air and do not include particles.
- Our audience can enter Beykoz Kundura 1 hours before the session of the ticket they bought.
- We strongly remind you that your event ticket does not allow entry to the shooting sets in Beykoz Kundura and we kindly ask you not to go outside the specified areas.
- The exhibition titled "Kundura's Memory: The World Within a Factory" can be visited free of charge on the days of the event by reservation. To make a reservation, please visit beykozkundura.com/kundura-memory
- Shooting with a professional camera is not allowed without written permission. We kindly ask you to deliver your recording devices to the security point at the entrance of Beykoz Kundura.
Session: We kindly ask our audience to pay attention to come to the sessions on time. Audiences who are late will not be admitted to the hall, in order to not affect the flow of the performance.
Due to the stage arrangement of the performance, there is no space for disabled audience entrances only for this event. Disabled audiences will be able to enter in other events of Kundura Sahne from the main entrance.
Recording: Using cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, etc. during the screening to record is strictly forbidden. Recording with any recording device is prohibited.
Audio and video recordings will be made by Beykoz Kundura throughout the event, and the recorded images will be published on Beykoz Kundura's website and social media accounts for promotional purposes only. Beykoz Kundura will use the event records for promotional purposes only and will be able to transfer these records to the artist.
Food and Beverage: You can take advantage of our food and beverage services in the event area or you can choose Beykoz Kundura's restaurant Demirane. It is forbidden to bring food and drink from the outside.
Program Changes: Don't forget to follow us on social media! If there is a program change due to reasons beyond our control, it will be announced via the website and social media.
HOW TO GET HERE?
- You can come to the venue with your own vehicle. Parking is free.
- For detailed information free ring shuttle transportation options;
Beykoz Pier Departures
Friday : 20:15 – 20:45 – 21:15
Saturday & Sunday: 14:45 – 15:15 – 15:45
18:45 – 19:15 – 19:45
You may use our return shuttle, provided especially for Kundura Sahne guests, from Beykoz Kundura to Taksim.
Beykoz Kundura Departures
Beykoz Kundura: Friday 22:30, Saturday & Sunday 22:00
Route: Beykoz Kundura – Kavacik - Levent - Zincirlikuyu Metrobus – Taksim